Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Rekha ji didn’t do Fire because she was fearful

Gulshan Grover will soon play a gay in Shuja Ali's Baat Ban Gayi. In the past, many attempts The Have Been made ​​to show the relationships Between gay couples, Either Directly or Indirectly.

While some films like Dostana Have Been a hit, others like Fire and Girlfriend have drawn the ire from the public and Also political parties.

Talking about his role as a homosexual and if Such subjects discriminate Between Men and women, Gulshan says, "I was very clear That I did not want something sleazy just because I was playing a gay character in Baat Ban Gayi. In Deepa Mehta's Fire, I was supposed to play a part in the film (as Nandita Das's husband). Deepa wanted Rekha ji to play Radha's character Which was later played by Shabana Azmi. i knew Rekha ji very well and she respected my work. I Introduced her to Deepa . meeting happened Between Many Rekha ji and Deepa but she told me she was not doing the film. said the film She Could Become controversial, complicated and problematic. She left the film fearing it. I have a lot of memories. So much time and That energy was spent on film. She said no Because She was afraid there would be real fire in the theaters ".

Adding, "As an actor, I've never experienced the emotion of fright.'ve Played the baddie in film after film. I leave the Responsibility to the film maker. However, I will not do something cheap in an underwear or costume where families can not sit together and watch Such films ".

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...