Thursday, May 30, 2013

With Rituparno Ghosh, an era of sensitive, brave and internationally relevant cinema comes to an end

With Rituparno Ghosh, one was sensitive, brave and internationally relevant movie comes to an end. The National Award winning Bengali leader died yesterday of a massive heart attack at 7.30am. Industry mourns his loss ...

Gulzar: It was full of positivity
Forty-nine is too young to die. This is a profound shock and disturbing news for me. I remember as a very young boy and enthusiastic when Aparna Sen had sent me. I realized it was full of positivity and have never seen so boring. I also wrote the lyrics of his first documentary Vande Matram. He won two National Awards Unishe April, but I liked your Noukadubi and felt it deserved a prize for it. Through the years, met with success at work, but it has always been in contact. It is a profound loss. He was exultant about every moment in life and always smiling.

Ajay Devgn: Your way of seeing things was so different
I am shocked and saddened to learn of his death. It was great working with him in the raincoat. His way of seeing things was so different and that's probably what he did a good director. He has made some great films and through them will always be remembered.

Konkona Sen Sharma: He helps me with my grammar Bengali
It's a shock. He was a brave, sensitive and inspiring filmmaker. He was very polite in movies, not just the Bengali cinema. He was very aware of their own cultural heritage, however, made films that were relevant and contemporary, internationally. It was like family - that would help me with my grammar Bengali. It was so funny and had such enthusiasm for life. He was a great mind and this is a great loss.

Prosenjit Chatterjee: We lost one of our greatest talents
I can not believe that Ritu longer exists. We lost one of our greatest talents. It is a personal loss, was a fierce friend, a human being with. Always got the better of me. Will be dearly missed.

Bipasha Basu: He rebuke like her little sister
Rituda understand my sensitivity, which are different and there would be matched with a director Bengali old school. When shooting Shob Charito KALPONIK, he would scold like his little sister. He called me by my nickname, Bonny, apart from him, only my parents use. It was never boring and that's why I was so comfortable with him.

Deepti Naval: Ritu was a brave filmmaker
When I received a call from him to Memories in March, I jumped at the opportunity because I love his work as a director and as a writer. So when I heard that Sanjoy Nag would direct the film and Ritu - I had written the script - would be my co-star, I was so excited! I had a shooting moments with him. I love his movies. It was one of the bravest and courageous filmmakers in India, which addressed the full aspect of their sexuality. And put a lot at stake for that visit. He was also very sensitive and portrayed women and relationships and nuances so beautifully. I'm in love because they had the courage to do what he did.

Soha Ali Khan: Rituda brought the best out of his players
He has been at the forefront of good cinema in Bengal, the relationship between Ray and a new school. I had just begun to make his most recent film more acceptable alternative to the mainstream. I will always treasure my experience of working with him in Antarmahal. I was hoping to work with him at some point. He was passionate and sensitive and knew how to get the best out of his actors. I will miss him.

Arjun Rampal: He was a master of his craft
I do not know how to react to this tragedy. My wife sent a message: "Rituparno Ghosh more". It's shocking. The Last Lear was a great experience and happens to be one of my favorite shows ever. He was a wonderful man, a master of his craft and learned a lot from him.

Raima Sen: My life and career turned around with Chokher Bali
Byomkesh He just finished a few days ago. I have worked in all his films except the last. He had called me to this and said I was going to miss the games. He changed my life and run around with Chokher Bali. He was my mentor - he taught me a lot, told me the books to read, what movies to watch, etc. He would come to our house - we have seen (my sister and I) grow. Every time I was in Mumbai, stay with us. With Rituda gone, you will do these beautiful movies now? He was immensely talented and contributed much to Indian cinema.

Subhash Ghai: It was a true artist
India has lost one of its greatest filmmakers. He was extremely sensitive as a director and a true artist. I liked Noukadubi, which had produced so much that I bent in Hindi as Kashmakash and let go.

Anupam Kher: I knew the female psyche
He was a great director and effortless at what he did. He had an incredible knowledge of the female psyche. There was little nuances collect and use in his films.

Kirron Kher: There was an actor in it
Not only was he a great director, but also a prolific writer. He took our film to an international platform, so even Bollywood actors would give an arm to work with. Bariwali While filming, I got a National Award for Best Actress, every morning, I was rubbing my face with my pallu. I wanted to know if I had any makeup secretly. Sometimes, I would be tempted to dub itself. I said, 'Cry as I'm crying'. There was always an actor in it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...