Tuesday, June 25, 2013

My agenda is to prove I am versatile: Ranveer Singh

Ranveer Singh is not new to being baited. And so That When We tell him he is the only player Perhaps With The potential to stand shoulder to shoulder with Ranbir Kapoor, I have answers, poker faced, "It is not new ... I have been hearing this for a while now .. . "

The actor, dressed in cool whites, analyzes his mercurial Presence in the industry. "I made a strong start in Band Baaja Baarat. In Ladies V / S Ricky Bahl I positioned myself as a sex object. And now I have a good line-up - Lootera with Vikramaditya Motwane, who is a class apart, Ram Leela with Mr Bhansali, who is a living legend, Ali Abbas Zafar who is the brightest mainstream filmmaker, and then Shaad (Kill Dill), who is the most gifted conductor. So whatever is being said is only on the basis of potential. "

Ranveer pulls out more statistics, "Ranbir has had 10 releases, and I have had only two. I have a great amount of respect for him Because he has made many intelligent choices, taken brave decisions. I May have not loved all his films but I've always done well. To be Compared with him is a good feeling but at this stage ... maybe it's all a little too early. " Despite The fact That the player has so far been riding on big banner projects, I insists, it is the script That tips the scales for him and not the scale of production. "After I read the script, I try to figure if it is a powerful story or Evokes any emotions in me. I look at the character and ask myself if I am attempting something new. Is it going to keep me on my toes! Is it something I can sink my teeth into? "

Strangely enough, says his second film Ranveer May Have Done 'good things' to his image, but did not challenge him creatively. "It was just designed in a way to make me look nice, appear, desirable. But now I only want to do parts That challenge me as an actor and not just objectify me," I says wisely. With Lootera and Ram Leela, I says Ranveer wants his audiences to discover the depth of his emotions. Says he, "My schedule now is to prove That I am versatile." Going by the way Bhansali has been projecting Ranveer's rippling six packs it would be interesting to see how many of his female fans look beyond the bod.

On the other hand, in Ali Abbas's film co-starring Arjun Kapoor and Priyanka, Ranveer Reportedly gets to do what all Hindi film heroes are scripted to do - beat the living daylights out of Their adversaries. "Maneesh Sharma, my manager in Both my Earlier films, tells me that I am an action hero. He says, 'You are built for that genre, that's your home ground and it's strange That you were Launched in a rom com And This intense lover image has been created. ' Having shot for Ali's film, I can tell you, it's my favorite genre now. "

Given That the Actor is Known for his infectious and Often runaway energy on the sets, we are curious to know how I coped With The Demands of the very different setups while shooting for Lootera and Ram Leela. Explains Ranveer, "Vikramaditya has the Most Organised and supportive That unit works like clockwork. I can tell you 20 days before the shoot When and where you will have lunch. He knows what is to be shot, but I Also Gives you your space to improvise. Mr Bhansali is all about spontaneity. He is not bound by schedules or budgets or logistics. If It Takes 40 Takes, I will not move till I achieves magic, "I says.

Talking about how I missed Working with his 'adolescent crush' Kareena Kapoor twice (in Bhansali's and now Reportedly in Zoya's film), Ranveer says: "I would love to work with her ... I have always expresaron my admiration for her. She is a super actor and what I hear, it is lot of fun to work with her. But, I am hopeful That eleven o'clock the opportunity presents itself again, it will be a special film. "

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...