Monday, June 10, 2013

Happy not to play a protagonist in 'Ghanchakkar': Vidya Balan

Having shown please herself for portraying strong female characters, independent films, actress Vidya Balan had no qualms about playing second fiddle to Emraan Hashmi in her upcoming film 'Ghanchakkar'.

The 35-year-old actress is often credited for breaking the stereotypes of a heroine of Hindi cinema with his powerful performance in films like 'Paa', 'Ishqiya', 'No One Killed Jessica', 'The Dirty Picture "and" Kahaani '.

But Vidya is happy to leave his comedy mode power-woman and her debut as over-the-top, champagne housewife in Rajkumar Gupta directed film.

"I'm glad I'm not playing the protagonist in 'Ghanchakkar.'ve Done many times before. This film is Emraan. He is the main head here. And I'm very happy and comfortable with it. Gives me more opportunities to perform. I can be free and not feel any pressure on him, "Vidya said in a telephone interview from Mumbai.

The national award winning actress says although the film does not center around his character Neetu, still has much to offer women.

"The only take away from this movie for women is that it is about, a housewife, who is very happy with herself. She does not care about their weight, their habits, their looks. According to her is the best and there is a certain degree of confidence in it, "said Vidya, who was part of the jury of the Cannes Film Festival recently.

'Ghanchakkar' a comedy thriller, was produced by Ronnie Screwvala and Siddharth Roy Kapur Vidya husband. The movie hit theaters on June 28.

This is the second film with Gupta Vidya. The two previously worked together on commercially successful and critically 'No One Killed Jessica', which is based on the controversial murder of Jessica Lal.

INITIALLY Vidya says he was afraid to take on the role of a Punjabi housewife in the film and needed much persuasion.

"When I narrated this character Raj Neetu, a strong and vibrant, vivacious Punjabi housewife was not sure. I mean I just exit 'Dirty Picture'. But when I read the script I could not put it Down. Loudness There are but a different type of film.

"Raj told me that if I was not doing the film, I would not do the film at all. But in the end I'm glad I took it up. Trust Raj implicitly after working with him in 'No One Killed Jessica'" Vidya said.

Although I was nervous when entering uncharted territory with 'Ghanchakkar', the actress is happy to choose this film as his debut in the comedy genre.

"I think if I have to dabble in comedy, could not have better film than this. Could let my hair. Sorry madness Only when I eat out I am with people closer and making this film was that experience for me."

Vidya says it was a little hard for her to get into character in terms of appearance, as it was different from those who never played on the screen.

"My clothes in the movie were designed by Subarna Ray Chaudhuri, I've worked in 'Paineeta' and she said, 'I can not do this Vidya strange thing to you." But Raj told me to forget myself completely and Neetu-just think about how I would talk and dress. And we actually had a lot of fun. "

When asked how he prepared for his character, Vidya said, "all I had to work on my accent was Punjabi but not too much, also because my character lives in Mumbai."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...